Pages

Tuesday, 28 May 2013

Bubbles

Occasionally I find myself intrigued a popular trend and of recent times it has been the "bubble" necklace.  Made popular by JCrew, I was seeing them sometime back on almost every blogger.  They come in a multitude of colours, sizes and lengths and there is an enormous range and a more friendly price point on Esty . They appeared in our stores but I have seen very few 'on the street'.


oversized square sweater : supre
straight leg pants : target
animial print wedges : correlli
bubble necklace : equip


Being the late adopter that I am at times, I finally gave in and recently bought this red one.  It provides a lovely pop of colour to an all black outfit and is quite a statement piece.  I have recently worn it over a navy and white blouse creating a more maximal look which I really enjoyed also.




Is statement jewellery a yay or nay for you?

xxx Deborah

10 comments:

  1. It is a double YES from me! Not only I love this red colour dash on your black outfit but also statement necklaces are currently part of my daily outfits :-)
    You are so right, I see bubble necklaces on blogs but not here on the streets! Time to get one...

    Annette
    Lady of Style

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Annette, you do have some lovely necklaces, and also some stunning earrings as I recall:). I could see this bubble style working beautifully on you.

      Delete
  2. Hi Deborah ... I tend to be a little of a late adopter myself. I have seen of these bubble necklaces but can't decide on a colour.
    This necklaces gives your outfit a serious pop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Wendy, for what it's worth I think you could wear a number of different colours. Personally I could see you in red, navy or even a coral :)

      Delete
    2. Statement jewelry is always a Yeah in my book and red even better!
      As a Catholic growing up in a mixture of religions houses (with Hindu and Jewish influences), my granma and my mom used to wear something red on Tuesday and Fridays in honor of Saint Michael and because they believed that it brought them luck.

      Delete
    3. Cool story Ofelia. I love hearing the 'why' of what people choose to wear.

      Delete
  3. If I could get my hands on an Hermes CdC cuff, that would be a "yay".
    The red against black suits you, very eye-catching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Odyssey, the CdC cuff is stunning and such a dramatic piece. I have seen Kate Lanphear wearing one:). It would work beautifully against the simplicity of your outfits. Have I enabled you enough:)

      Delete
  4. I adore the simplicity of this outfit and then the drama of the necklace - a great big yes! I bought two statement necklaces in the last 2 weeks. Safe colours though as one is black and one is red, but totally my colours.

    Wendy
    http://simplysassystyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wendy, I can see both the black and red working beautifully for you. I will watching your blog for ,their debut:)

      Delete