Pages

Thursday, 16 May 2013

DIY

I'm not a regular DIY-er but every now and again I find myself hit with inspiration resulting in rescuing an item from either the donate or Ebay pile.

I have had this handbag for about 12 months and while I like the overall look of the bag, and love the colour, sort of a gun metal,  I felt the size was off for me when I held it by the handles at my side, it didn't feel comfortable on my shoulder and the silver loops on the handles just seemed too much... SO tonight I realised it would make an excellent clutch! 


Guess Handbag handed down from my sister


My hubby provided me with some 'tools' and I carefully removed the handles and silver loops and 'ta da', I have a new clutch.  I have a preference for what I would call a medium size clutch so the size of this bag is great and I can fit all I need into it.


Guess Clutch!  Thanks Sis.


Do you DIY?

xxx Deborah

5 comments:

  1. This is a great idea!

    blue hue wonderland

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ann, I carried the new 'clutch' today and it worked a treat. It looks great against black:)

      Delete
  2. I don't know how I miss this post, but I did!
    Anyway this is such a great idea, I just gave some purses to The Salvation Army but next time I'm going to try this.
    Hopefully a pair of good scissors would be enough because I don't have any other strong tools around the house?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ofelia, I am really glad I did this and I have used the bag a number of times in the past week already. The main 'tool'I used was actually a stanley knife. It's nice and sharp and allowed me to cut the handles off neatly and close to the edge. I did also use scissors to trim the edges:) Easy peasy.

    ReplyDelete