Pages

Saturday 27 July 2013

Vogue

Recently my sister gave me a copy of "The Vogue Factor" by Kirstie Clements who was Editor of Australian Vogue for 13 years until she was, and I quote, "uncermemoniously sacked" from the role.





It is a light and enjoyable read which I finished in a few days...  I could not put it down.  Kirstie shares some wonderful stories from how she began working at Australian Vogue as a receptionist, to the fabulous dinners and events she later attended as Editor. 



The most appealing part of her story, for me, were the relationships she built over the years, the acknowledgements and respect she expresses for her colleagues, and the fact that she never forgot that the exciting lifestyle working for Vogue afforded her, was in fact a privilege, not a right.




In a world where positive role models are few and far between, Kirstie is most worthy of our admiration and respect.  And I think it goes without saying she is one stylish woman.

Definitely worth a read.
xxx Deborah


Please  note all photos were sourced on line. I do not own the rights of these photos.  Should one of this photos belong to you, please let me know and I will happily remove it.



3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good book that I would enjoy. What a lovely woman also.

    blue hue wonderland

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stylish indeed and a person of grace and gratitude. Characteristics that are sometimes hard to find in the fashion industry.

      Delete
  2. I read her excerpt in one of the weekend magazines. It was fascinating, I must pick up the book!

    Your WIWs and posts are looking amazing Deborah, worthy of your own site which I didn't know you had! Always a pleasure but I'm particularly enjoying the way they've evolved.

    Fruitful xx

    ReplyDelete