Pages

Sunday 20 July 2014

Visions In Black

I love skirts but my default is always pants and leggings.  So my much loved skirts often end up hanging alone in the closet. 


poncho  :  local store
grey jersey top  :  piper
skirt  :  Kmart!
boots  :  bon bons

  
I decided today was skirt day so I started with this jersey skirt and tall leather boots and built the outfit from there.  Added a long sleeve 'blouson' top, which mimics a 'semi tuck' for a hint of grey between the black and topped it with a poncho, worn with the longer lengths to the side to create a symmetric hem at the front.
 The grey long sleeve 'blouson' top is recent purchase from the Piper range within Myer.  It is proving to be a very good laying piece.  The 'semi tuck' look is part of the design and makes it very easy to wear.
Tell me what's in your wardrobe that you love but don't reach for as often you should:)
xxx Deborah


Linking with Patti at Visible Monday, so make sure you pop over and check some other great blogs x

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for showing us how you did the shirt! I love ponchos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A nice change to see you in a skirt. Great pairing with the boots, too.

    As to things I love but don't reach for enough... there are a number of items! Things I'd never sell but don't get worn enough due to their colour, being more extreme for everyday, or not always weather appropriate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the drama of this outfit. Capes, ponchos really should be worn more. You look creative and the texture is nice here. I just love your hair, wow! It feels so right. The thing I buy up really don't wear too often are my blue jeans. I do wear my colored jeans more and always skirts, dresses.

    blue hue wonderland

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous poncho, you wear it well :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmm...I'm very intrigued by the semi-tucked look shirt...but I like it very much...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sometimes a bit of unexpected texture is refreshing. I like ponchos. I have one but don't wear it much.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the unexpected hemming - and the whole look is super-chic, as per always! Thanks for sharing with Visible Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh the semi tuck top is a great piece! I sometimes partially tuck tops in when they are too billowy - I like the look, great idea to have a top with that look built in!

    ReplyDelete